Share this blog

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+

Apple’s App Store to House 5 Million Apps by 2020

  • 15.09.2016
  • Apps,News,Technology

Sensor Tower reported that Apple’s App Store, which boasts 2 million apps currently, is geared to include more than five million active apps by the end of 2020. This expected surge in the number of apps will be dominated by games app.

A leap by 73% is expected in the number of apps on the App Store worldwide in the next four years. That means, from the current 2 million active apps, the App Store will witness a massive addition of 2.13 million apps to contain 5.06 million active apps by the end of 2020.

Games to Bolster the Scene

An analysis of the app composition shows that Games will lead the way ahead of other apps. A category breakdown of all apps added worldwide in May 2016 shows that about 43% of the total number of apps added in the App Store account for apps in Games category. The remaining 22 categories accounted for the other 57 percent of new apps. Among these Education, Entertainment, Business, and Lifestyle occupy the top five slots.

App Store Discoverability as An Evolving Challenge

The report stresses app store discoverability as an evolving challenge. Some significant steps are expected from Apple’s part to make discoverability feasible, in a scenario where the number of apps is set to more than double the current number.

Apple’s announcement regarding the launch of new categories and plans for Search Ads in advance of The Apple Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in June is a positive sign in this regard. Far more significant changes with respect to navigation, curation, and overall presentation of the App Store are the need of the hour in the light of the new findings.

App developers are required to focus more on fundamental App Store Optimization (ASO) techniques to improve discoverability issues of their apps in app stores.

Sensor Tower’s data science team analyzed historical data and trends from the period of App Store’s launch through present to make this report. They utilized their app Intelligence platform to bring out the forecast for universal iPhone, and iPad apps combined.

Apple’s App Store is a digital distribution platform for iOS mobile apps. It was launched in July 10, 2008.

Share this blog

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+

Comments


Related Blogs

9 Excellent UX Design Tips for Mobile Apps

Are you looking for some killer design tips to improve the user experience (UX) of your app? Hang on here and get benefited from some useful tips and tricks.

Keep Reading

Xcertia to Bring Best Practices to Mobile Health Apps

There has been tremendous increase in the number of healthcare apps, with more and people relying on them. Xcertia is a collaboration to check the quality of these apps and to lay guidelines for them.

Keep Reading

7 Reasons Why Customer Lifetime Value is Important

Measuring the success of your app depends a lot on measuring the lifetime value (LTV) of your customer. Measuring the LTV confers a bunch of benefits for app entrepreneurs. Explore them here.

Keep Reading

Indigenous Start-ups Attend Barayamal’s Pre-Accelerator Program

A mini four-week business-accelerator program was concluded in Brisbane. It had five innovative start-ups with innovative ideas. Read about them here.

Keep Reading


Subscribe to Newsletter